Welcome to the ASU Bioinformatics Core! We provide standard bioinformatics services to researchers who aren’t comfortable handling large unprocessed data sets, or who just don’t have the time or resources to do so. We also collaborate with researchers on more complex and customized informatics projects where existing tools are less user-friendly or where more specialized scripting needs to be done in-house.
Some of the projects we’ve worked on and pipelines we offer include:
- differential gene expression from RNA sequencing
- Qiime2-based analysis of microbial populations with 16S, 18S, and ITS regions
- whole genome metagenomics analysis, including with paired metatranscriptomics
- variant calling for whole genome re-sequencing
- de novo assembly of transcriptomes and small genomes
- single-cell RNA and ATAC sequencing
- assistance with uploading and releasing data on NCBI
- extraction of telomerase border regions from Nanopore long reads
- inter-species genome and transcriptome comparisons
- numerical summary and visualization of large genome assembly/annotation
- phylogenetic evaluation of isolated bacterial strains
- letters of support for grant writing; methods and figures for publication
Also, we are always available for consultation! We can meet before an experiment begins to help a researcher determine the most informatically powerful way to use the resources available to them or the best pathway to reach their experimental goal, after data is acquired to discuss analytic methods, and after we return results so a researcher can be confident about what they’ve received and how they can move forward with it.
We’re glad you found us and we’d love to hear from you if you have any questions about the Core or are interested in collaborating with us!